Monday, May 18, 2015

creating an elegant gold background: MFT May Creative Challenge


Its time for the MFT DT May Creative Challenge! Each month the team is challenged to create projects based on a chosen theme. These kinds of challenges get my heart racing and my creativity going in overdrive! Our theme this month was backgrounds. How cool is that? The possibilities are endless! 

Instead of stamping a background, I wanted to get a little more creative. I looked at my stash and saw two new products I had ordered and knew that they would work perfectly! Keep reading to find out how I created this elegant gold background!

I began by die cutting Sweet Tooth cardstock with Die-namics Modern Morocco. Which covers almost the entire standard A2 card base. I placed it over a piece of watercolor paper. Why that paper and not cardstock? Because it is meant to hold water. The paste I am using is wet. I know the watercolor paper will hold up better. 

Then I scooped out small quantities of the Design Memory Craft Gold Texture Luxe Metallic Paste with a spatula and spread it thinly and evenly over the die cut piece of cardstock. Instant stencil from a die cut piece of cardstock! 

Once I liked the coverage of the paste, I lifted the cardstock stencil off to reveal a very cool background! The paste stays wet for some time, so be sure to let it dry before adding anything else to your project.

Visit the MFT Stamps Blog for links to the rest of the team and their amazing projects! Its always tons of eye candy and inspiring ideas!

thanks for stopping by!

~kimberly



1 comment:

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMGosh so beautiful! I think I am going to need that paste! I tried recently to emboss on heat resistant acetate and it was an epic fail. I was hoping to see some tutorials on that in the future. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...