Wednesday, January 21, 2015

5 days to an organized crafty stash; day 3 dies


Who has started to organize?! I am so inspired by the rest of the MFT Stamps team and I cannot wait to implement some of the fantastic organization ideas into my craft room! Today we talk about everyone's favorite crafty tools-die templates! 

I keep mine stored in a refrigerator storage bin from Amazon. I have also found these at my local home store and kitchen supply store.

And to keep them organized in that bin, I again use my Clear Pocket Storage holders, both the large and the small. Some of you have asked, and honestly, I am not too picky about them hanging out of the top. It doesn't bother me, as long as I can find the set of dies when I need them.

I don't have labels on my storage bags, but my Die-namics are sorted out like this:
Favorites (ones I use constantly)
Nature (flowers, leaves, etc)
STAX
Blueprints, Tag Builder Blueprints
Cover Ups
Centerpieces
Words
Letters and Numbers
3D items
Holidays

I should mention that these are my Die-namics that stand alone. The Die-namics that coordinate with stamp sets, I store in the Clear Storage Pockets with the stamps.

For the Die-namics that do not come with a magnetic backing, I use magnetic vent cover that I purchase at our local hardware store chain. It is located in the plumbing and heating section of the store,

The vent cover is thin and very easy to cut with scissors. In fact, my paper trimmer cuts it easily too. I trim the vent cover to size, depending on the size of the set of Die-namics. You could make the pieces of vent cover the size of the pockets, but I like to conserve and use the exact amount I need. Because, hey, then there is more money to buy pretty paper crafting supplies!

For those Die-namics that are just too large for pockets and bins, I use a book that I made for just such a reason.

I trimmed chipboard to 8x8 inches and bound it together with my Bind It All. Then I adhered the magnetic vent cover to the front of each chipboard page. They stay organized and in place. This idea would actually work for any of your Die-namics!

Oh, and the chipboard I got from my friend, who happened to own the local scrapbooking store. She would get tons of it every time she ordered paper.

Wahoo! More chances for fantastic prizes! Remember to enter, you must visit the MFT Blog
and leave a comment there! Good luck!

thanks for stopping by!

~kimberly

Supplies and my favorites:

19 comments:

Teresa Doyle said...

Great ideas. I left one of my own on MFT blog if YOU want to check IT out...

Doudou said...

Great ideas. Love your storage systeme

Becky said...

Great ideas. Good to know about the magnetic vent covers.

kepsss said...

VENT COVER MAGNETS! NO KIDDING. WHAT A GREAT GREAT IDEA. GETTING THESE NEXT TIME WE GO TO HOME DEPOT. I use plastic containers like Stampin' Up uses and I put the dies inside (on magnet sheets) the container with the stamps. Thank you!

Monika/Buzsy said...

I love those clear bags with the magnet sheets Kim. I am going to check out the vent cover next time hubby sends me to HD! :)

Unknown said...

Thanks for all the great info on storing dies. Will have to go look for the Vent covers.

Gretchen Wilson said...

Great ideas, I really like the one for the larger dies, I have been using the vent cover for about 2 years but putting them in a page protector/ 1/2 size but the get flopping going through the binder, I'll be changing some of those out as time allows. I've got to play too. TFS

Unknown said...

Wonderful organizing tips! Thanks for sharing.

DoofyJEss2 said...

LOVE that you made a book for the large dies! Such a neat idea!

Brenda Lee said...

VERY cool!!

Tracie Pond said...

Thank you for showing us what the flap of the envelopes look like. Great organization!

Joan V said...

Well, I got so many good ideas today. I do need those pocket sleeves. I just bought the magnetic sheets today and started to reorganize. woohoo. Love your big book for storing those oversized dies. Thanks for sharing.

Kim A. said...

I love the magnetic sheet idea. Thanks for the great tips!

Kim A. said...

I love the magnetic sheet idea. Thanks for the great tips!

Kim A. said...

I love the magnetic sheet idea. Thanks for the great tips!

stampinfun71 said...

AMAZING...vent covers, who would have guessed. I am so doing this! Thank you for these great ideas, including the fridge bins - they look so sturdy!!!

Celeste Goff said...

The inexpensive vent covers is a very clever idea!

theCook said...

I like your die book!

Anonymous said...

I finally got pockets for my die's and I love them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...