Tuesday, April 15, 2014

just for you


Happy Tuesday! I hope that you had a good weekend and a great start to your week! We enjoyed 82 degrees on Saturday and did not enjoy 37 degrees yesterday. Well okay then, spring. :) 


I am trying to bring the warmer temperatures back with my card today. I am using stamps and dies from the Mothers and Fathers release from Simon Says Stamp.


I started by die cutting Butterfly Drift from gold foiled cardstock. Look at how gorgeous the tiny outline is in gold! I set aside the inside butterflies to use at a later time.

I passed the die through my manual die cutting machine again, but this time with Smooth White cardstock. I watercolored each of the butterlies using watered-down MFT Dye Inks. For more on that technique, check out this: Watercolor Background Tutorial.


I finished the card off by adding a smaller gold butterfly and an enamel dot to the center of the largest and middle butterfly. The sentiment is just perfect, look at that font! Its from Summer Garden, a new stamp set. I stamped it with the new MFT Hybrid Black Licorice Ink. Hellooo new favorite black ink! More about that later this week as I will have a review of the inks, plus lots of ideas on how to use them!

And one last thing, just so you know, I am now an affiliate with Simon Says Stamp. Its a great store with great products. Use the text links in my posts, photo links at the bottom of my posts, or the button on the right side bar of my blog to help you shop. I would greatly appreciate it! :)

thanks for stopping by!

~kimberly




6 comments:

Lucy E. said...

This is so pretty! I'd never think of putting these pastel butterflies on black card stock!

Elizabeth S. said...

What a beautiful card filled with lots of colors and so beautiful against the darker background as a contrast. It really shows off the butterflies. Also looking forward to hearing more about the hybird inks and other ways to use them.

SusieScrapper said...

Beautiful card and love the butterflies!

Susie

designermc said...

You've been very busy and I like it!
Have a blessed Easter!
Nancy

Emily Leiphart said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love the gold foil and watercolouring against the dark background!

Rox-Ann said...

Love the look! the gold butterfly really makes these pop great job!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...